When is Form 941-X Required?
1.5k views |
Last modified 3/19/2021 8:44:36 AM EST |
Added by ExpressEfile Team
You need to file Form 941-X if you discover an error on a previously filed Form 941. File Form 941-X to correct the following information:
- Wages, tips, and other compensation
- Income tax withheld from wages, tips, and other compensation
- Taxable social security wages
- Taxable social security tips
- Taxable Medicare wages and tips
- Taxable wages and tips subject to Additional Medicare Tax withholding
- Qualified small business payroll tax credit for increasing research activities
- Credit for qualified sick and family leave wages
- Employee retention credit
- Employer share of social security
- Employee share of social security
You do not need to file a 941-X Form if your errors are related to the number of employees who received wages or Part 2 of Form 941.
Keep in mind that all filers must use the revised Form 941-X to file corrections of Form 941, irrespective of the quarters they are filing corrections.