Under what scenario should I select the adjustment tax return and claim process?
1.3k views | Last modified 10/22/2020 10:24:37 AM EST | Added by ExpressEfile Team

Applicable To
Form 941 Form 1099 / W-2 Form 2290

You can pick the Adjustment process when you correct underreported amounts or overreported amounts.

If you owe tax:
Pay the amount due by the time you file Form 941-X.

If you have a credit:
You overreported employment taxes and want the IRS to apply the credit to Form 941 or Form 944 for the period during which you filed Form 941-X.

The claim process can be used when you’re correcting overreported amounts only and claiming a refund or abatement for the credit.

Was this helpful? Yes No

E-File Form W-2, 1099-NEC/MISC, 940, 941, 941-X & 2290
using ExpressEfile

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us