How Should You Report Negative Amounts?
1.9k views | Last modified 6/11/2020 8:04:12 AM EST | Added by ExpressEfile Team

Applicable To
Form 941 Form 1099 / W-2 Form 2290

Form 941-X uses negative numbers to show reductions in tax (credits) and positive numbers to show additional tax (amounts you owe).
When reporting a negative amount in columns 3 and 4, use a minus sign instead of parentheses. For example, enter “-12.99” instead of “(12.99).” ExpressEfile handles the conversion of negative signs into parentheses.

Was this helpful? Yes No

E-File Form W-2, 1099-NEC/MISC, 940, 941, 941-X & 2290
using ExpressEfile

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us