[E-file Error Code R0000-922] How do I resolve it?
864 views |
Last modified 8/25/2020 9:24:56 AM EST |
Added by ExpressEfile Team
What does it mean: The Business Name you have entered in your 2290 Form does not match the EIN listed in the IRS database.
Resolution: You might have entered an incorrect EIN while filing your Form 2290. Double-check your EIN and Business Name, to see if you've provided the correct information. If the information you have entered doesn't have any errors, you must contact the IRS at (800) 829-4933 to verify your EIN, Business Name, and Name Control. International users will need to call (267) 941-1099.
If you've applied for your EIN recently, there is a chance for the IRS to reject your return as it may take up to ten business days for a new EIN to become active in the IRS e-file database.
Here's how you correct your EIN or Business Name:
- Log in to your ExpressEfile account
- Identify the rejected return and tap on it from the 2290 Dashboard
- Click Fix Errors and Resubmit on the rejected return
- Enter the correct business name
- Check your 2290 form summary from the Summary & Transmit page and click Transmit the Return to the IRS.
The Form 2290 return will be retransmitted to the IRS. If you do not have an EIN, you may contact TSNAmerica at (803) 386-0320. You can also apply for an EIN online by visiting the IRS website (www.irs.gov) or over the phone by calling the IRS business hotline (800) 829-4933.