How do I make changes to the 941 Form I filed?
945 views | Last modified 10/15/2020 4:09:39 AM EST | Added by ExpressEfile Team

Applicable To
Form 941 Form 1099 / W-2 Form 2290

If you have filed your return with incorrect amounts, you can file Form 941-X. Form 941-X is used exclusively to make changes to a previously filed Form 941. You must file a separate Form 941-X each Form 941 you wish to amend. You will also be required to provide a detailed explanation for every correction that you are about to report on Form 941-X.

The July version of Form 941-X can be used to make corrections to Form 941 filed in the second quarter of 2020 as well as any of the previous quarters. If you have filed Form 941 with ExpressEfile, you can complete Form 941-X for FREE!

You can make changes to the following Form 941 information using Form 941-X:

  • Wages, Tips and Other Compensation
  • Federal income tax withheld 
  • Taxable Social Security wages, Medicare wages, and tips
  • Taxable wages & tips subject to Additional Medicare Tax withholding
  • Qualified small business payroll tax credit 
  • Special addition to wages for federal income tax, Social Security, Medicare, and Additional Medicare taxes; and
  • Credits for COBRA premium assistance payments
  • COVID-19 credits

Was this helpful? Yes No

E-File Form W-2, 1099-NEC/MISC, 940, 941, 941-X & 2290
using ExpressEfile

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us