How do I make changes to the 941 Form I filed?
703 views |
Last modified 10/15/2020 4:09:39 AM EST |
Added by ExpressEfile Team
If you have filed your return with incorrect amounts, you can file Form 941-X. Form 941-X is used exclusively to make changes to a previously filed Form 941. You must file a separate Form 941-X each Form 941 you wish to amend. You will also be required to provide a detailed explanation for every correction that you are about to report on Form 941-X.
You can make changes to the following Form 941 information using Form 941-X:
- Wages, Tips and Other Compensation
- Federal income tax withheld
- Taxable Social Security wages, Medicare wages, and tips
- Taxable wages & tips subject to Additional Medicare Tax withholding
- Qualified small business payroll tax credit
- Special addition to wages for federal income tax, Social Security, Medicare, and Additional Medicare taxes; and
- Credits for COBRA premium assistance payments
- COVID-19 credits