How do I correct the incorrect payer information in Form 1099 that I filed with the IRS?
1.1k views | Last modified 3/8/2021 2:14:46 AM EST | Added by ExpressEfile Team

Applicable To
Form 941 Form 1099 / W-2 Form 2290

If you find an error in the payer (NOT recipient) name and/or TIN after you have filed a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC Form, you will need to write a letter containing the following information and send it to the IRS.

  • Name and address of the payer.
  • Type of error (including the incorrect payer name/TIN that was reported).
  • Tax year.
  • Payer TIN.
  • Type of return.
  • Number of payees.
  • Filing method (paper or electronic).
  • Was federal income tax withheld?

Mail the letter to the address below:

Internal Revenue Service
Information Returns Branch
230 Murall Drive, Mail Stop 4360
Kearneysville, WV 25430

Was this helpful? Yes No

E-File Form W-2, 1099-NEC/MISC, 940, 941, 941-X & 2290
using ExpressEfile

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us