How do I correct the employee’s info or amount reported in Form W-2 that I filed through ExpressEfile?
708 views | Last modified 11/25/2022 5:24:48 AM EST | Added by ExpressEfile Team

Applicable To
Form 941 Form 1099 / W-2 Form 2290

If you have filed Form W2 for an employee with incorrect information, you can correct the information by filing Form W-2c.

With ExpressEfile, you can file Form W-2c in minutes. Here are the steps to follow to file Form W-2c.

  1. Sign in to your ExpressEfile account.
  2. Navigate to Dashboard >> Form W-2
  3. From the left menu, select the E-Filed tab.
  4. Click the File Correction icon against the return that you want to correct.

  5. Enter the corrected information in the correct information boxes.
    • If you want to correct the employee information such as name or SSN, check the box e and enter the correct information.

  6. Click the Save and Continue button
  7. Preview the corrected return by clicking the view icon and make sure you have entered the correct information.
  8. Opt for postal mailing if you want the corrected returns to be mailed to the employees.

  9. Click the Complete Your Order button and accept the declaration.
  10. Make payment and complete the order.

Your Form W-2c will be transmitted to the SSA. You will receive an email once the SSA processes your return (typically 2 business days).

Was this helpful? Yes No

E-File Form W-2, 1099-NEC/MISC, 940, 941, 941-X & 2290
using ExpressEfile

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us