Choosing the kind of payer for Form W-2
97 views |
Last modified 6/11/2020 4:29:40 AM EST
In order to e-file your W2, the SSA wants to know what kind of payer you are. Go through the brief provided below for each payer type and choose the one that is applicable to you.
- Regular (Form 941) - Choose this if you file Form 941, Employer's QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return, or Form 941-SS.
- Regular (Form 944) - Choose this if you file 944, Employer's ANNUAL Federal Tax Return (or Form 944(SP), its Spanish-language version).
- Agricultural (Form 943) - Choose this if you file Form 943, Employer's Annual Tax Return for Agricultural Employees, and you file Form W-2 for agricultural employees.
- Household employee - Choose this if you are a household employer, you file Form W-2 for household employees, and you do not include the household employees' taxes on Form 941, 941-SS, 943, or 944.
- Military - Choose this if you are a military employer, and you file Form W-2 for members of the uniformed services.
- Medicare Government Employer - Choose this if you are the U.S., state, or local agency, and you file Form W-2 for employees subject only to Medicare tax.
- Railroad (Form CT-1) - Choose this if you are a railroad employer, and you file Form W-2 for employees covered under the Railroad Retirement Tax Act (RRTA).