Can I report both underreported and overreported amounts using one Form 941-X?
1.2k views | Last modified 10/19/2020 2:33:08 AM EST

Applicable To
Form 941 Form 1099 / W-2 Form 2290

Yes, you can report the correction of underreported and overreported amounts for the same tax period on a single Form 941-X, unless you’re requesting a refund or abatement. However, you must file separate Form 941-X for each quarter you're correcting the mistakes in Form 941.

If you’re requesting a refund or abatement and intend to correct both underreported and overreported amounts, file one Form 941-X to correct the underreported amounts and another Form 941-X to correct the overreported amounts.

Was this helpful? Yes No

E-File Form W-2, 1099-NEC/MISC, 940, 941, 941-X & 2290
using ExpressEfile

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us