Do underreported amounts result in penalties?
1.1k views | Last modified 10/19/2020 2:31:22 AM EST

Applicable To
Form 941 Form 1099 / W-2 Form 2290

Correcting an underreported amount while filing Form 941-X doesn't result in a failure-to-pay penalty, FTD penalty, or interest if you:

  • File on time (by the due date of the quarter in which you discover the error).
  • Pay the amount shown on Line 21 by the time you file Form 941-X.
  • Enter the date you discovered the error.
  • Explain in detail the grounds and facts relied on to support the correction.

Was this helpful? Yes No

E-File Form W-2, 1099-NEC/MISC, 940, 941, 941-X & 2290
using ExpressEfile

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us