What are the purposes of Form W-2 copies?
319 views |
Last modified 1/21/2021 2:16:09 AM EST
When an employer files a W-2 Form, six copies of the form are generated. Below are the copies of Form W-2 and its purposes:
- Copy A - Submitted to the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Copy 1 - For state, city, or local tax department
- Copy B - To be filed with employees’ Federal Tax Return
- Copy C - For employee records
- Copy 2 - To be filed with employee’s state, city, or local income tax return
- Copy D - For employer records
If you e-file Form W-2 through ExpressEfile, all six copies will be generated. You will also have an option to postal mail the return copies to your employees.
Watch the help video below to learn about Form W-2 and its copies: