The IRS rejected my Form 941 due to a Routing Transit Number (RTN) mismatch. What should I do?
77 views |
Last modified 11/2/2020 9:32:42 AM EST
If your Form 941 has been rejected by the IRS due to an incorrect routing transit number (RTN), you may correct the return and retransmit it to the IRS by entering the correct RTN.
If you file Form 941 using ExpressEfile and the form gets rejected, you can correct the error and retransmit the return for FREE!
Here are the steps to correct and retransmit your return:
- Sign in to your ExpressEfile account.
- Go to Dashboard >> 94x Forms tab. From the left menu under the E-filed tab, you'll see your return filed.
- Click View Errors against the rejected return.
- Review the errors and click the Fix Me button.
- Navigate to the IRS Payment section, select the payment method as Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW), and enter the correct bank account information including the routing number. You may also choose another payment method if you wish.
- Review your form once and transmit it to the IRS.
Your return will be transmitted to the IRS, and once it's processed, you'll receive an email of its status.