What information needs to be corrected in Form W-2, 1099-MISC, and 1099-NEC?
791 views | Last modified 1/18/2021 9:27:38 AM EST

If you have filed Forms W-2, 1099-MISC, or 1099-NEC and find mistakes in your form, you will need to file correction forms. However, not all mistakes require corrections as it won’t affect the tax filing and it will also get accepted by the respective agencies.

If there are errors in the amounts reported and TIN information of the payer/payee, you must file a correction form. However, if you have made a mistake in the payee’s address, you are not required to file a correction form.

Note: If you have entered the payee’s address incorrectly and opted for the postal mailing add-on, the mail copy will be sent to the entered address. You may have to contact our support team to change the mailing address.

Was this helpful? Yes No

E-File Form W-2, 1099-NEC/MISC, 940, 941, 941-X & 2290
using ExpressEfile

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us