Can I change the payment option after filing Form 2290?
1.2k views | Last modified 8/26/2020 11:11:13 AM EST | Added by ExpressEfile Team

You cannot change the payment method after filing Form 2290. In case your payment doesn’t go through, you may make payment in an alternate method.

  • Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW): Once your return is processed, the IRS will debit your tax amount directly from your bank account within 1or 2 business days. 
    If the payment fails due to some reasons, you may contact the IRS and get it resolved. You may also choose to initiate a payment from the EFTPS website (if you have an EFTPS account) or send a check or money order to the IRS. 
  • Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS): If you couldn’t initiate the EFTPS payment from your account, you may send the payment by check or money order directly to the IRS.
  • Check or money order: If you are unable to send your HVUT payment by check or money order, you may initiate a payment from your EFTPS account, if you have one.

Was this helpful? Yes No

E-File Form W-2, 1099-NEC/MISC, 940, 941, 941-X & 2290
using ExpressEfile

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us