I have credit for Qualified Small Business Research. How do I claim it?
884 views | Last modified 3/23/2021 2:16:35 AM EST | Added by ExpressEfile Team

Applicable To
Form 941 Form 1099 / W-2 Form 2290

Qualified small businesses can apply a part or all of their employer portion of social security taxes for increasing research activities for your business. 

Earlier, businesses could use only the income tax liabilities for qualified business research. Since small businesses have a very low-income tax, they can use their social security tax liability for increasing research activities for their business if they qualify for it.

You must file Form 8974 to find out the qualified payroll tax credit amount that you can use for the current quarter. If you have qualified small business research credit, you can claim it while filing Form 941 by entering the credit amount in line 11a of the form and attaching a copy of Form 8974 along with it.

To learn how to complete Form 8974 with ExpressEfile, click here.


Was this helpful? Yes No

E-File Form W-2, 1099-NEC/MISC, 940, 941, 941-X & 2290
using ExpressEfile

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us