How do I correct or void Form 1099 that I filed through other service providers?
823 views | Last modified 3/8/2021 2:11:52 AM EST | Added by ExpressEfile Team

Applicable To
Form 941 Form 1099 / W-2 Form 2290

If you have filed Form 1099 for a recipient through other service providers and find mistakes in the form, you can correct the information in the form. Or, if you were not required to file Form 1099 for a recipient but filed it, you may choose to void the filed return.

Note: If you want to correct the payer information in a 1099 return, you will need to send a letter to the IRS. Learn more.

With ExpressEfile, you can file 1099 corrections or void a 1099 return in minutes. Follow the steps below to file a 1099 correction form.

  1. Sign in to your ExpressEfile account and Navigate to Dashboard.
  2. Click the Start New Form button and select Enter Manually Form 1099 (MISC or NEC) Correction.
  3. Select the I filed the return through other service provider option.
  4. Enter the corrected information in the appropriate boxes.
    • If you want to void the return, check the Void box.

  5. Click Save and Continue.
  6. Preview your form by clicking the View icon and then click on Continue.
    • If you want to correct one or more returns, click Correct Another Return.
  7. Check the Postal Mailing box if you want ExpressEfile to send corrected copies to your recipients.

  8. Click the Complete Your Order button and accept the declaration.
  9. Make payment and complete the order.

Your return will be submitted to the IRS. You will receive an email once the IRS processes your return (typically 2 to 3 business days). 

Note: To correct state-related information in Form 1099, you will have to file the correction with the state agency. DO NOT file it with the IRS.

Was this helpful? Yes No

E-File Form W-2, 1099-NEC/MISC, 940, 941, 941-X & 2290
using ExpressEfile

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us