When is Form 941 Due?
624 views |
Last modified 9/24/2020 12:50:21 PM EST
IRS Form 941 is filed once for each quarter and is generally due by the last day of the month following the end of each quarter. For example, you must report wages you pay during the first quarter which is January through March by April 30. Here are the due dates to file Form 941,
- Quarter 1 (January, February, March) is due by April 30
- Quarter 2 (April, May, June) is due by July 31
- Quarter 3 (July, August, September) is due by October 31
- Quarter 4 (October, November, December) is due by January 31 of the following year
If the deadline falls on a weekend, then the forms are due the next business day. The IRS may impose penalties and interest if taxes are paid late, and returns filed late at a rate set by law.
Usually, failure to timely file Form 941 may result in a penalty of 5% of the tax due for each month or part of a month the return is late.
You can avoid interest and penalties if you remember to do the following,
- Deposit or pay your taxes when they are due.
- File your fully completed Form 941 on time.
- Report your tax liability accurately.
- Submit valid checks for tax payments.
Avoid penalties by filing Form 941 electronically with ExpressEfile, in minutes.