I filed Form 1099-MISC instead of Form 1099-NEC. What should I do?
733 views | Last modified 3/10/2021 9:07:47 AM EST

If you have filed Form 1099-MISC for a recipient mistakenly instead of Form 1099-NEC, you should void the filed return and file 1099-NEC for the recipient. The same applies if you filed Form 1099-NEC instead of 1099-MISC.
You can void Form 1099-MISC and e-file Form 1099-NEC through ExpressEfile.

Was this helpful? Yes No

E-File Form W-2, 1099-NEC/MISC, 940, 941, 941-X & 2290
using ExpressEfile

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us